25 Jan. 2017
Parent/Teacher Night is on Wednesday, November 23 from 4-7pm!!!
Parent/Teacher Night will be held on Wednesday, November 23 from 4-7 pm. Secondary Teachers will be available in the Library and Cafeteria, and Intermediate Teachers will be in their classrooms. A light supper will be provided. No appointments are necessary and your child is certainly welcome to join the conference. Our Guidance Counselors will also be available to answer any questions. We look forward to seeing you!
2017-2018 School Year Calendar Survey
The Regional School Year Calendar Committee is once again looking for input from families and staff around start/end dates for the 2017-2018 school year. Please click on the links above to fill out the quick survey.
The survey will be open until December 9, 2016. Should you have any questions, please contact Sheena Valley, Communications Officer, at email@example.com.
KPDSB launches new application process for employment opportunities
Media Release - December 1, 2016
The Keewatin-Patricia District School Board (KPDSB) is launching a new platform for receiving applications for positions with the organization.
Apply To Education provides a paperless application system that streamlines the recruitment process for applicants by allowing them to fill out one application online and upload all of their supporting documents to complete their portfolio.
Beginning today, when individuals access www.kpdsb.on.ca/pages/view/employment-opportunities they will be directed to https://kpdsb.simplication.com/ to create a profile and apply for jobs. Additionally, job seekers can request to receive e-mail alerts when a new job is advertised for the Board. There is no cost to applicants to utilize this service.
The use of Apply To Education will replace previous procedures for applying for jobs and being hired within the KPDSB. This platform will also provide additional services within the Board, including management of absences for staff as well as internal job postings.
Jocelyn Bullock, Human Resources Manager stated “We are excited to move forward with this project and look forward to the new working relationship with Apply to Education to improve the overall experiences of potential future employees and current staff”.
KPDSB Chair and Vice-Chair acclaimed, Trustee appointments announced, Trustee Appointments Announced
Media Release - December 19, 2016
Trustees of the Keewatin-Patricia District School Board met at Dryden High School on Tuesday, December 13, 2016, for the inaugural board meeting of the 2017 calendar year.
The Board of Trustees committed to stability and direction by acclaiming Trustee Dave Penney as Chair and Trustee Cecile Marcino as Vice-Chair.
The following Trustee appointments were made:
- Trustees Roger Griffiths, Jennifer Kitowski and George Seaton were appointed to the Audit and Finance Committees for a one year term.
- Trustees Lesley Barnes, Desta Buswa and Gerald Kleist were appointed to the Native Education Advisory Council (NEAC) for a one year term.
- Trustee Cecile Marcino was appointed to the Ontario Public School Boards’ Association (OPSBA) Board of Directors.
- Trustee Jennifer Kitowski was appointed as the alternate to the OPSBA Board of Directors.
- Trustee Dave Penney was appointed as the OPSBA voting delegate.
- Trustee David Wilkinson was appointed as the OPSBA voting delegate alternate for the General Meeting.
- Trustees Lesley Barnes and Michelle Guitard were appointed to the Parent Involvement Committee for a one year term.
- Trustees Michelle Guitard and Jennifer Manitowabi were appointed to the Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) for a one year term.
- Trustee Roger Griffiths was appointed to the Transportation Policy Committee.
- Trustee Lesley Barnes was appointed as the Transportation Policy Committee Alternate.
KDPSB launches new Kindergarten Resource for Registration Week (January 30 to February 3)
We have launched a brand new online resource for families with children starting Kindergarten in the fall (children born in 2013 can start Kindergarten in the fall of 2017).
Our new website can be found at http://buddysystem.ca/
Families can visit the site for everything Kindergarten, including:
- Videos of parents and staff talking about our schools and programs
- Our Full-Day Kindergarten programs
- Dates and times for our schools’ Kindergarten Open Houses
- Specialized programming like our popular Hockey Canada Skills Academies and French Immersion programs
- A new online registration process families can complete from the comfort of their own home
- And so much more!